Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Tournament

+5
LunchPolice
SuperSaiyanChunky
Syrias
Docter KillJoy
Ussj Future Trunks
9 posters

Page 3 of 5 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

My Tournament - Page 3 Empty Re: My Tournament

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:47 pm

well leave that for the gt thread. because not everyone wants to hear about your gt hate. fine....gt is out then. *grumbles* but you better let us include fighters like hatchyakk and aka
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jul 04, 2010 12:59 pm

syrias - like what? we already have a no-mary sue ban and a no-ridicilously powerful characters eg stronger than ssj2 vegetto.

another oc :
universal fat buu.

fat buu kills supreme kai, gohan and vegeta the first chance he gets. then fights goku and kills babidi. gotenks challenges him the first time but fat buu kills him, not just beats him up. he never befriends mr satan and turns the worlds population into chocolate, absorbing some of their power. he destroys earth, then rampages across the universe, his evil side more and more in control. goku has had enough and challenges buu, but buu absorbs goku and becomes "fat super buu with goku's gi".

techniques:
candy beam
all of goku's techniques apart from spirit bomb
vegeta's attack (dont know what it was)
angry explosion
regeneration

power level - around ssj3 gotenks. goku's pure heartedness holds him back a bit.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sun Jul 04, 2010 3:32 pm

why do you double post, when there is the simple EDIT button waiting to be used Neutral
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Sun Jul 04, 2010 5:38 pm

Ok made a new character with some similar ideas. I realised Goshun was
really generic, and also that it was hard to make a character who is
unrelated to the Z-Warriors reach a respectable strength without kind
of ruining the original story - but I found a way. I hope this one is better.

Name: Quentin

Backstory: Ok, I'm not too familiar with Cell saga, but this story is
kind of inspired by a filler I saw with Krillin. So, Imperfect Cell is
going around absorbing people. At some point he begins to
absorb Quentin, who is 12 at this point. Just in the nick of time,
Krillin manages to save Quentin by throwing a Destructdo Disc
at his tail. While Quentin survives, doctors are unable to remove
the piece of Cell's tail which is stuck inside his body. It is decided
it would be too risky, and it didn't hit any vital organs anyway.
However, the cells from the tail begin to spread across Quentin's
body, and his growing body was forced to adapt. Slowly he was
gaining powers and becoming more mutated along the way.
Although he still has the human lifespan, his body stopped aging
at 19. Eventually, he disappeared, ashamed of what was happening
to his body. By the events of the multi-verse tournament, his
skin has gotten a lime green tint, his arms have gained some
of Cell's black spots, and he has the same yellow eyes.

Techniques: his techniques have been slowly coming from the cells in his body
Flight
Solar Flare
Tien's four-arm technique
After-image technique
Ki blasts - but they quickly fizzle out (his body is having the most problems with the cells of ki blasts or beams)
Ki punches and kicks
Ki Fist Steamroller - a move where he engulfs his fists in ki and repeatedly pounds his opponent
Very ocassionally, his mind taps into powers he can't usually get to and he can launch the Kamehameha.

His power level by now has naturally risen to around the power of Android 18.
Also he has long black scraggily hair like Yamcha in the Saiyan Saga.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

http://quackbillion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:31 pm

that's cool. we need some really low level fighters to fill up the ranks. and also really strong guys that can take on universal fat buu and gohatto/gokan (have we decided on a name yet?)
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:06 am

So my new character is original enough? Cool!

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:that's cool. we need some really low level fighters to fill up the ranks.

Low level... like, Ginyu Force level?
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:08 am

Like dbm's U10/Kat's group level. also a few other low level henchmen for our bad guys (iceberg's army. have to think up names and powers for them too)
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:16 am

Ah, ok.

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:also a few other low level henchmen for our bad guys (iceberg's army. have to think up names and powers for thembm's U10/K too)

Maybe you could have a guy with the ability to manipulate other people's ki blasts, so if a ki blast is coming for
him he could send it back with his mind and break it into 4 smaller ones or something. His disadvantage would be
he's physically weak with little stamina.

EDIT: Here's a picture of what Quentin would look like

My Tournament - Page 3 Quentindbforum
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:19 am

LunchPolice wrote:Ah, ok.

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:also a few other low level henchmen for our bad guys (iceberg's army. have to think up names and powers for thembm's U10/K too)

Maybe you could have a guy with the ability to manipulate other people's ki blasts, so if a ki blast is coming for
him he could send it back with his mind and break it into 4 smaller ones or something. His disadvantage would be
he's physically weak with little stamina.

EDIT: Here's a picture of what Quentin would look like

My Tournament - Page 3 Quentindbforum

he looks like toad from the x-men
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Tue Jul 06, 2010 8:38 pm

So, I guess we need someone to keep track of the characters and the tournament bracket.
I think what we should do is make a topic where we put up the current fight, and people would debate
who would win based on each character's ability. After a conclusion was reached, we'd move on to the
next fight and write up a short description of how the last fight should play out based on our discussion.
We could keep doing this until the tournament had a winner. I think this would be a better idea than
having a poll and one or two people decide what happens because it's not like this has a comic.

he looks like toad from the x-men

I've never heard of him.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Wed Jul 07, 2010 5:19 am

he's been around since 1964 farao

his appreanced has changed over time of course. your character looks more like the one from the x-men evolution cartoon. or the different version from ultimate x-men. (minus clothes of course)

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Toad_(comics)
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:15 am

lunch police - yes that was the plan. syrias and i are running this. we need to fill out the brackets. firstly, syrias is it just oc's or are we including gokan, future gohan and ssj bardock etc?
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Wed Jul 07, 2010 11:40 am

we still need rules for character creation Very Happy also we need actual power level numbers.

then we need some pointers for how straining certain skills and techniques are, in order for the match writers to have a guideline on what their characters and the opponent are capable of doing.

i for one want a lot of guidelines and rules and i want them BEFORE we start creating characters left and right. otherwise youre free to run this thing all alone Very Happy

i think we should include OCs and DBM canon characters, with the DBM canon ones not being open to be played by users. if one of the user OCs happens to fight a canon char, one of us is writing the canon char winning and the user writes his char winning. to determine such things properly and give the writers some help in composing the battles, we need lots of numbers and rules Very Happy
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Wed Jul 07, 2010 12:20 pm

well the namek i submitted is as strong as piccolo was during the buu saga.
but to put that in number, i dunno. power level numbers became useless after freeza because they became too damn high
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Thu Jul 08, 2010 5:42 am

So, are you guys actually gonna make some rules or what?
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Thu Jul 08, 2010 6:13 am

ok. do you want to get started on that haha.
i suggest no one more powerful than ssj3 vegetto/zen buu. but i want to still include vegetto. maybe an alternate vegetto who uses the earrings earlier than in u16. like say he fuses to beat cell, or frieza.

secondly, your character must be plausible in the db universe, so no human girl suddenly stronger than everyone without a good reason.

keep generic techniques like kamehameha to a minimum. and try and create lots of low levels to balance out the stronger people. i nominate devilman to be in. you know, baba's fighter.

if you use dbm canon characters, dont use people whos strength is ambiguous and hard to discuss (super namek, I'K'L, zen buu). i want to include kat. little unfair putting her against kakarot. from what we saw, she had skills and was probably around 23rd budokai goku level.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Thu Jul 08, 2010 7:02 am

thats all great and all. but how will the fights go? do we write little stories?
how is a winner determined?

Name: medea
race: half human, half gorgon
Abilities:
- Stone gaze, unlike her ancestor, medea's eyes don't instantly turn someone to stone. she needs to look someone in the eyes for 10 seconds before the effects happen.
- steel nails. her hands and nails are as strong and sharp as steel. allowing her to deal large damage with them and cut through nearly everything (flesh, bone, wood, stone), provived she has enough leverage and strenght.
- flight
- ki blasts, like freeza she preffers to shoot them from her finger tips. allowing for rapid fire.
- hardend skin, her intire body is as hard as steel, giving her added protection.

info: medea is a decendant of the gorgon medusa, unlike the gorgon race she how ever looks completely human (lacking the lower snake body), minus her eyes and hands.
to allow herself to see, she wears special glasses that also shields others from her gaze.
because she is only half gorgon, her stone gaze ability is a lot weaker. and takes a full 10 seconds of looking someone in the eyes (even if they blink or keep there eyes closed after the initial look) as long as she keeps staring in their eyes for 10 seconds. they turn to stone. (so if the opponent manages to get away from her, there safe)
to make this work, she preffers to jump at the opponent and wrap her arms and legs around them, then she can stare them in the eyes easy.

her human heritage, allows her to look human (minus the eyes and hands) and allows her to use ki.
her ki use isn't that strong but she is becoming better at using it.
she is not above using her looks to get what she needs, but she preffers to fight fair.

her hair is long and black, and she can speak with snakes.
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jul 09, 2010 2:57 am

i thought the rules had been established already. syrias said we draw up the fight, and one of us writes the fight where one character wins. and another does the same for the other. and we all vote on who wins. when syrias or me have determined a winner from the amount of votes, we declare a winner. also its not just ocs. we can include canon/dbm/what if characters. that means future gohan, ssj bardock etc.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:02 am

thoughts about the character i submitted?

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jul 09, 2010 3:14 am

very unique. power level? (if you say over 9000, ill kill you Razz )
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Fri Jul 09, 2010 4:31 am

I still say the forumers should debate about it rather than just vote, would be more interesting.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:17 am

Around #18 level of power.

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Fri Jul 09, 2010 5:27 am

That would make our characters around equal in strength. Smile
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:55 am

users debating instead of voting would lead to "waaah you just like user#6 better and that is why you as the jury decide that he and his supporters bring the better arguments to the debate. thats unfair. im not going to come to this board anymore!".

with the system that has both users write their fighter as winning, we have two interesting fights to read in each match and then we all vote on who should win. then the tournament jury (probably me and the resident brafanboy) look at the votes and bam we have a winner and the canon fight description. thats far better, more fair and absolutely more exciting than 200 pages about "no but my PL 200 char should beat vegetto, because he has such unique abilities as "i cant be beaten because im a mary sue" and such". in our idea, the users actually have to put some effort in a well thought out character (which has a description far longer than all that is provided here so far, detailing his background, significant fights he/she/it won and all such) and in a well thought out match in which they have to use the other users character in a fair way. nobody should be allowed to have a PL 200 char that miraculously can beat a vegetto level char. because such special abilities simply can not be determined clearly and as such the character simply could beat anyone with his not really explainable powers.

in any case, before we start anything, we need more users. i dont want 1 users playing 10 characters. or even 2. every user has 1 character. and also we still need a lot of rules for character creation that are not just "dont be stronger than vegetto" or anything. we need actual power level numbers. we need pointers for how exhausting skills are and which effect they have and all that. all of that is needed, so that i could write stuff about another users character in a fair manner. if its completely unspecified, i would tend to degrade all the skills the other char has as useless due to my powers being "better" or something and that wouldnt be fun. we need measurements for the skills and techniques and such.
but im not going to work out such all alone.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Fri Jul 09, 2010 6:55 am

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down