Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

My Tournament

+5
LunchPolice
SuperSaiyanChunky
Syrias
Docter KillJoy
Ussj Future Trunks
9 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

My Tournament Empty My Tournament

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sat Jun 26, 2010 10:41 am

since dbm mods have turned into dictators and banned me for merely talking about gt, i would like to continue my little tournament here if anyone is interested.
the current fight is bardock vs muten roshi. its even at one vote apiece.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

My Tournament Empty Re: My Tournament

Post  Docter KillJoy Sat Jun 26, 2010 11:42 am

They did not turn into dictators.
You and the others that keep talking about gt, simply need to stop.
it's been asked and told multiple times, but you keep bringing it up. So it's natural that they lose their patience.

DB:M Ignores gt completely, it DOES NOT EXIST. is that realy so hard to understand? Evil or Very Mad

in the comment section talk about DBZ & DB:M. not about that fail show that is ignored.

--------

Also why double post the same topic?

my vote to rochi!

Without him goku and krillin woudn't have become as good as they got in dragonball
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jun 27, 2010 12:17 am

dont you just love to pick everything i say apart? im not perfect or smart you know. i didnt double post. i just moved the tournament from the comments to here. and it wasnt just me so dont put this on me. i didnt really take it seriously since people talked about all kinds of stuff on dbm, and suddenly they ban talk about a part of db? so what if its ignored in dbm, so are some of the movies. dont see them banning talk about the new special about tarble. and not everyone thinks its fail. i didnt say anything about it again after my initial reply to the threat syrias put. so its not like i kept going on about it. thats all ill say on the matter. now to the tournament.
bardock - 1
roshi - 2.
i expected bardock to be winning since his power is 10 000. voting on strength is allowed guys, not just personal likes.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:12 am

What i meant with 2 topics is well there is another identical topic here, also made by you? did you accidently push the send/submit button 2 times?

the new tarble movie isn't talked about because i think db:m started before that tv special got released.

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jun 27, 2010 5:18 am

ok deleted. and fair enough. what about lord slug/garlic jr/janemba etc? im sure they can be rewritten to fit the manga more.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sun Jun 27, 2010 4:05 pm

garlic jr was the first movie right?

well the plothole of the first 5 movies is gohan for the most part. him having a tail during periods that he shoudn't have the tail

don't see why lord slug can't fit, granted i've only seen the last part of it.

the janemba movie's problem is that it's setting during majin buu's rampage. but both goku and vegeta are dead.

It can't fit in the main time line, instead it's an alternate time line where mystic gohan destroyed super buu before he could absorb piccolo & gotenks.

goku does mention majin buu after he transforms to ssj3. vegeta is in limbo/hell (without a body) and only got his body back because janemba was screwing with reality.
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:46 am

actually i think janemba fits perfectly by making either gohan/gotenks/majin vegeta beat buu. or put it after kid buu and take away goku and vegeta's halos, change the references to vegeta being dead. and a few other things.
and tails can come and go when a saiyan is a child. is that really a plothole? there are bigger ones. like characters being alive when they should be dead, or on earth when they should be on namek. for lord slug/cooler. just have goku beat frieza with the spirit bomb.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:48 am

well that would change u18 to much, then. because u18 still is the baseline universe with nearly all changes branching off of it Very Happy
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:51 am

oh well go by the second theory. that goku and vegeta are alive and were called to otherworld to deal with janemba while gohan defends earth from the old villains. anyway we are getting off topic. lets go back to bardock vs roshi Cool
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 1:05 am

i think you should use this thread to clearly explain some "rules" for your tournament. and then wait until we actually have some more users.

and once we have some use the poll function for your fights if its mere votes we care for here Very Happy that way you can keep track of it easily.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 5:22 am

rules
fighters are already nominated so thats one rule thing out of the way.
fights - you can only vote once. you must provide a clear reason why that person wins the fight and not just "because hes cool" or because you hate one of the other fighters. when enough people have cast a legitimate vote, ill declare a winner and we move on. generally im looking for a combination of personal like votes and "because hes stronger" vote. the fighters are at their strongest points at the end of z/time of death. so gohan is mystic. goku is ssj3, uub is post fight with goku. kid buu has no one absorbed at all. for anyone who asks why vegetto isnt there or why uub isnt majuub, i dont include gt or fusions. um i guess if i vote too, then thats at least 4 or 5 voters. i guess i can put it off for a while and talk on other threads. feel free to cast your vote when you like, and i wont count it if you dont follow the rules. also flame votes and out-of hand debates arent tolerated. i want calm concise debates.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:11 am

based on the "all fighters are at their strongest" rule, i could already tell you how the tournament ends. if i could remember the full list of fighters.

if it is based on who is the strongest, there actually is no need to even hold your event. because we know that already.

you should change that to "voter hast to explain why he thinks his character should win. but just saying "i like him" or "he is cool" doesnt count.". that way it comes down to the peoples votes. because that is how i see this would work.

for example we have raditz and nappa in your tournament. logically you can accept NO vote that calls for Raditz winning, since Nappa IS stronger. about 4 times. there just is no real fight in that and no reasoning in the world can actually make raditz win this. not if both fighters are at their best.

but if you accept votes like "i vote for raditz. while he logically wouldnt have a chance, i think he deserves it. he got screwed over in DBZ. logically he should have slaughtered goku and Piccolo. but the plot demanded for them to win. i think he deserves a victory once." thats different. there is actual thinking behind it and a reason. not just "raditz is da man, dude!".

i hope this makes sense to you Very Happy
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:14 am

i combined "who i think is the strongest" votes with "personal like" votes. both must be clear. but both are allowed. so your half right. so it will really come down to "strongest, but also most liked characters facing off". or maybe we could hold our own multiverse tournament XD including the forgotten universes (gokan, loyal androids, future imperfect cell, bardock ssj, janemba)
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 7:43 am

doing our own multiverse tournament could be nice.

but i would not go and have an "only votes" event in that case.

id actually have different people pick different characters (even OC versions of canon characters) and then when two characters face off, the "players" of those characters both have a week or so to write up a X words fight description. based on those fight descriptions, forum users get to vote the winner of the fight. that way there is actually something to enjoy in this event, other than "yay the one i voted for got the most votes". people would get to read well thought out fan fiction fights. im pretty certain we could whip up some guidline rules for the fight descriptions in order to prevent "my character pwnzors the other dude with his universe destroying thoughts". maybe also some character guidelines like "no character is allowed to be stronger than vegetto, unless there is a downside to it, like its a transformation with a huuuuuuuuuuuuuge strain" or similar, to keep things a bit fair. people could actually come up with fighters who win through smarts, not brute force. or through special skills.

wed get probably exciting fight descriptions and would have a nice event for a lot of people to enjoy.

there are so many ways to make this more fun than a mere "vote for the one you want to win" thing Very Happy in essence it still would be like that, but awesome Very Happy
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:03 am

it never really was just "vote for who u wanted to win" i wanted to create interesting debates on strength and which character has more strengths (eg. vegeta is weaker than gohan but smarter and more skilled) also like the value of character. like for example. broly is a bad character. but vegeta is a good one. because of development, personality etc. we should include personality traits to the "fan multiverse tournament." becos gokan would be "book smart" and stronger than vegetto. but not as skilled and "battle smart". also heres another idea. through some magical accident, time and space rips on earth and fuses all the humans together. "super human Shocked ". wouldnt that be badass? Laughing
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:08 am

ideas for these OC people could be endless Very Happy

thats why i like my idea better. it would open possibilities to totally flesh out more multiverse style characters. that way, one day there could be a continuation for salagirs and gogeta jrs works Very Happy i mean... at least u18 goku would wish for "the kaioshin of universe 1 changing their mind to allow multiverse torunaments every 4 years, always looking up more universes to find new warriors" if he won Very Happy
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:11 am

lol yep Very Happy
we should open up a new thread for this though. lol now that we came up with this, my tournament is obsolete. i might jot down some ideas to help you out though. do you want "good guy/calm broly"?
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 8:31 am

hehe i think we should first come up with guidelines and rules to the tournament, so that people actually can understand how it works.

things we need to think about:

character creation: whats allowed, what is not? for example i dont want people go "my character in hyper ultra mega all is aborbed buu, who absorbed 1000 universes, actually absorbing EVERYTHING in them, not just interesting stuff". we need to put some sort of "level cap" on it like "no character can be stronger than 1,2 times the power of DBM vegetto, which basically is X power (with us figuring out a way to calculate a somewhat reasonable power level for vegetto)"
also stating a power level for the character is a must!

fight description rules: the fight description is not allowed to be one sided. the only exception is when two characters are facing each other where one of them is at least 20% weaker (or more, depends on what we decide on) than the other, but has special skills that need special timing or opportunity. in that case it may be allowed to have the special skills fail if its properly explained. both fighters have to write the fight with their fighter winning. no draw matches.

posting the fight description: do the fighters post them? or do they pm the event manager and he/she posts them at the same time, also putting up the poll?

there are probably more things to think about Very Happy
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:08 am

character creation : for starters, no carbon copies of characters already in the dbm tournament. secondly, no over the top mary sue oc's. (we could ask roketto to join and get her to include rocket). no overpowered buus/cells. like you said. no retarded af fusions like cellza and king bargeta.

what do you suggest for power levels? i mean if we include gokan, wouldnt his be 1000000000000000000000000000000000000? thats not really....very easy to figure out. for the low level fighters, sure. unless you mean "so and so is weaker than cooler but stronger than frieza." is that what you meant?

i would think we post the fights in the actual thread. and make it like a summary of a manga page. bit by bit every few days. but yes we would have to pm each other and figure it out first.

why not some draw matches? like gokan and some other omega level fighter fighting and they both knock each other out to give everyone else a chance. do it in salagir's style too.

if one of us was an artist, he could draw rough fight pages for us Cool im sure not. i suck at even ms paint.

Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:26 am

i think youre getting me wrong a bit Very Happy

lets assume "Syrias, the Saiyan" and "Future Trunks who managed to go SSJ3" have to fight.
let us now assume we have the power levels figured out at our chars are evenly matched.

now i get to write a "fight in which Syrias is the winner" text in X words max.
you have to write a "fight in which Trunks wins" text in X words max also.

both of us PM this to the tournament organizer (who is not in the tournament with a character), who then puts both texts in a post on here and adds an actual poll (with the function "poll" here in the forum (might be called survey)) to it. then users simply vote on "Syrias wins" and "Trunks wins", based on whose description they like more /makes more sense to them. "Draw" could be added if the matches have a time limit and and the end of voting time syrias and trunks both have the same number of votes.

thats how i meant it.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jun 28, 2010 9:49 am

oh right...that is actually a good idea Smile
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jun 28, 2010 11:09 am

tournament is changing i see.

problem with fan characters will always be they tend to be overpowerd :p

a calmer more reasonable broly. like movie 8 is more interesting then the insane berseker broly as in movie 10 (and used in db:m)
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Mon Jun 28, 2010 12:00 pm

to stop the over powering, i already mentioned the whole thing of "is not allowed to be stronger than vegetto from DBM canon power level wise". the only thing we need to do then is define how strong vegetto is. (with one of the guides stating that he is vegeta X goku.... well he is really really strong Very Happy)
special skills that are not directly related to power levels might pose a difficulty, but if we have players who actually have som common sense, we might get lots of cool characters that aren to mary sue ish.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Tue Jun 29, 2010 12:57 pm

or we can allow "stronger than vegetto" if that fighter has a big weakness and is logically strong. and yes most here are pretty smart.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Tue Jun 29, 2010 2:41 pm

or we base them on our (gr)avatar....problem with that is that most thend to use the same dbz characters Razz

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next