Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What don't you like about DBM?

+9
Rage
Mrperson0
Ussj Future Trunks
Leon
Z-Dragon87
SSJ Your Nick
Docter KillJoy
LunchPolice
Stick
13 posters

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

What don't you like about DBM? - Page 2 Empty Re: What don't you like about DBM?

Post  Mrperson0 Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:45 pm

Oh, so was Akira just gave them the idea on how he saw the Legendary Super Saiyan should be?
Mrperson0
Mrperson0

Back to top Go down

What don't you like about DBM? - Page 2 Empty Re: What don't you like about DBM?

Post  Leon Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:56 pm

Generally speaking, and I'm not saying for certain it was this way in this case, they go to Toriyama and describe the type of character they want "The "legendary" Saiya-jin. Will be kinda scrawny in his suppressed form and uber buff in his transformed state" and he goes from there.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Nate (son) Fri Aug 27, 2010 4:01 pm

Lack on clarity with the rules, great artwork and story ruined by the fanboyism and bias of the author/s.

Nate (son)

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:13 am

haha and yet toriyama was obviously a gohan fanboy. he kept trying to shoehorn him into main character role. salagir admittedly spent a little too much time on vegetto and broly, and not enough on other universes, like 9 and 13. and he destroyed 9 by making someone in the proud human universe NOT human. which defeats the point.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:20 am

He wasn't a Gohan fanboy. He was trying to have Dragon Ball follow a popular theme in Japanese culture and work, which is the rule of succession. In most martial arts works like dragon ball, the student surpasses the master, the Son surpasses the father. It's actually incredibly sad that Goku had to virtually abandon his family in order to find a successor. I like to think the Bojack universe is one in which Gohan maintained his training and such.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:28 am

well theres still saiyan favouritism. and salagirs obviously a broly fanboy. even though i dont think that has crippled the story as its as of late, the best its been since pan vs bojack.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:31 am

I was talking about Akira. ^_^
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sat Aug 28, 2010 12:59 am

so was i. the "saiyan fanboyism" applies to akira and salagir
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sat Aug 28, 2010 2:32 am

Less fanboyism and more 'Akira already fucked things up, no way to logically rectify it.'.

salagir is convinced SSj states are at least

50x
500x
5000x

So even a Mystic Kaioken x 200 Tenshinhan couldn't keep up with an SSj3...probably not even an SSj2.

As to why...well. Blame Zenkai's. Without them, the humans growth rate comparatively actually wasn't that bad. They were still weaker, but not "You're worthless now peon" weaker.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:08 am

On the other hand, the Namekian growth rate was actually higher than the saiyan growth rate (not taking zenkais into account). And even with zenkais, fusions could overtake them. The real problem was the transformations.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sat Aug 28, 2010 4:27 am

Yeah, kinda. Piccolo's fusion with Nail let him catch up with about half of the Zenkai's or so. His fusion with kami let him negate SSj.

Humans: Low starting power, medium growth rate.

(Warrior) Nameks: Medium starting power, high growth rate. Special fusions.

Saiya-jins: Low-High starting power, Medium high growth rate, transformations. Zenkais.

But...Zenkais really, really broke things.

Krillan: 200ish(Raditz), 1,800ish(1 year later), 13,000 (Guru)

Goku: 300ish(Raditz), 8,000ish(King kai), 90,000ish (Zenkai's on the way to namek), 3,000,000(Zenkai from Ginyu)

Hell. Even Gohan was only a little ahead of Krillan with the Guru boost. Goku got his training accelerated a few years by training with King kai, and then WTF abused Zenkai's.

Course, Gohan has all that, and the 5 point Merit Berserk Rage... which he paid for with a 7 point flaw: Pacifist.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sat Aug 28, 2010 5:00 am

That's not what I meant when I said that the transformations broke the growth rate. SSJ1 is a fifty times multiplier. Which effectively translated to "saiyans now grow fifty times faster than they did before." It's why they were able to overtake Piccolo by such a gigantic margin despite him also using the time chamber.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuu Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:03 pm

What I don't like? Not enough #18 sexiness. Also, needs more Freeza.
Ryuu
Ryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:06 pm

Most, especially USSJ Future Trunks, would prefer to look at Bra's abs. We need more Bojack.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuu Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:08 pm

Stick wrote:We need more Bojack. Also pirate jokes
Fixed.
Ryuu
Ryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Tue Sep 14, 2010 11:11 pm

What's a horny pirate's worst nightmare?
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:39 am

Most, especially USSJ Future Trunks, would prefer to look at Bra's abs.
are you saying you dont want to look at bra?

We need more Bojack.
we need more cell. (cell will rape bojack in their fight Smile)
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Ryuu Wed Sep 15, 2010 1:43 am

Stick wrote:What's a horny pirate's worst nightmare?
A sunken chest with no booty.
Ryuu
Ryuu

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Wed Sep 15, 2010 7:20 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:
Most, especially USSJ Future Trunks, would prefer to look at Bra's abs.
are you saying you dont want to look at bra?

We need more Bojack.
we need more cell. (cell will rape bojack in their fight :))

She is a fictional character, with definitions horribly disproportionate to that of your typical female human. How you fap to that I'll never know.

Exactly....
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  other account Thu Sep 16, 2010 1:02 pm

Lets see:

Vegeta (Mainstream Universe "18")

-While I don't mind the limiters too much I have been vocal in my disapproval of Vegeta finding a way to keep up with Goku in his pre-SS3 forms. This is probably his biggest contradiction and the biggest cliche seen in DBZ fan fics (ie: Vegeta becomes stronger/on par with Goku and the expense of the Goku. Now if Vegeta used some outside source I'll be okay with it, otherwise....

Vegitto

-He doesn't have enough flaws IMO (other than the eating thing). Most people assume that being a fusion of Goku and Vegeta would create some ultimate fighter. While thats true in terms of strength I think they should have conflicting techniques that should slow them down. Not to mention he should have a combination of Goku's immaturity and Vegeta's arrogance like his did in the manga/anime (basically, he should be more of an prick than he is in this comic.)

Bra (universe 16)

I have no personal issue with her more so that I have an issue with her supporters (you know who I'm talking about). I think she's sort of a Mary Sue (god mode sue) in training (when Vegitto passes the Torch she'll reach her full sue potential). However I think such a character in the canon DBZ universe (by Toriyama) would have been portrayed similarly. But just because you don't like her it doesn't make you a sexist.

BTW

The Yamcha complainers Wink

While you're entitled to your opinion I think its unwarranted. Making Yamcha a Cyborg (while anti-climactic) it is interesting to see what would happen if a Z-fighter became enhanced in that way rather than a normal human.

Yamcha haters are like (zomg is ruin for evar!!!!111 This is NOT yamcha!!!) Mad Mad

Relax I'm sure Krillin is still a normal Human and I'm confident Tien is too considering his role in DBZ.

other account

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:40 pm

I agree with your first three comments, but your last one.....I DETECT FAIL
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  other account Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:44 pm

Stick wrote:I agree with your first three comments, but your last one.....I DETECT FAIL

I did say it was Anti-climactic.

other account

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:46 pm

other account wrote:
Stick wrote:I agree with your first three comments, but your last one.....I DETECT FAIL

Fail-ish
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  other account Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:50 pm

Stick wrote:
other account wrote:

Fail-ish

Thank you Cool

Regardless, considering Salagir's limits placed for humans it seems to be the only viable way humans could have really made a difference in their Saiyan-less universe, unfortunately.

other account

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Thu Sep 16, 2010 5:52 pm

Still though, the very idea of Yamcha fails without some form of appropriate introduction and admission of backhistory.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 2 of 3 Previous  1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum