Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

U12 Future Trunks

5 posters

Go down

U12 Future Trunks Empty U12 Future Trunks

Post  Buster Mon Jul 26, 2010 2:33 pm

One of my all time favorite characters Cool

Here are some discussion question that I'd like to bounce off you guys.

1. How strong is this Trunks?

My thoughts are that he is waaaay stronger than his U16 and 18 counterparts. Since he is the last and only defender of Earth in his timeline, I would expect him to train heavily to uphold his mantle. Besides, I feel like Goku and Vegeta's heavy training discipline rubbed off on him during his time in the past. Also, I think he would be able to multitask his training with helping to rebuild the world, which got a lot easier for him with the help of #16. I'd say that he mastered ssj pretty quickly after the Cell Games and eventually managed SSJ2 within the 10 years between Cell and the Multiverse tourney. He even managed to slice Broly's power ball in half while in his base form (which was pretty sweet). In terms of PL's then, I'd put him slightly weaker than U18 Vegeta, but it'll still be an awesome fight... a nice reunion. Very Happy

2. What happened with Babidi/Buu/Dabura?

I would imagine that there was some kind of Another Road scenario. In the comic, Trunks is shown giving the three a look that indicates that he *may* know them. My guess is that he managed to beat Babidi and Dabura using SSJ2 before Buu was born, and maybe Kaioshin helped. At any rate, I'm pretty sure that he would at least need SSJ2 in order to compete with the likes of Dabura.

3. Why hasn't he wished anyone back... like F. Gohan?

Can't find Namek I guess.

4. What if.... Future Trunks fused with regular Trunks??
or would that just be dumb... Shocked
Buster
Buster

Back to top Go down

U12 Future Trunks Empty Re: U12 Future Trunks

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 26, 2010 3:10 pm

he seems a better fighter and stronger then u16/u18 trunks.

not sure if he has unlocked ssj2 yet. in the special all he showed was ssj, ascended saiyan and ultra super saiyan.
as for training, well he spend most of the time rebuilding the world so he will be busy. but he has #16 to spar with i gues.

he probaly had help from supreme kai and kibito in defeating babidi and dabura. or mabey they never showed up.
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikuhan vs Piccolo Tue Jul 27, 2010 11:46 am

1. This F.Trunks would at least maintain over the 10 years [unlike gohan] if not improve by some margin. things to consider. resources: takes him 3 years to charge that time machine for two trips. likely they don't have the power to waste on a gravity room. Also could F.Trunks seeing #16 time better suited for the repairs on earth rather than wasted on sparing. He might not be much stronger than Buu saga Vegeta then. [ie not 10 yrs after Vegeta or DBM Vegeta] He wouldn't be stronger than cell saga Gohan anyway.

note: kid trunks after rosat with Goten [~6 months?] could be as strong as 18 if not the Vegeta that lost to 18. F.Trunks would have to contend with a Trunks who did some training for the next 10 years too [though likely not the last 10years] there PLs could be very close.

2. I can agree with this... just since Babidi and Dabura had 10 extra years to gather the needed energy since Gohan wasn't around.

3. They don't wish people back when they've been dead over a year. I had a Fan idea that Trunks could Time jump back to the day Gohan died, but be on Namek. He could then ask them to wait about one year and wish Gohon back... on namek [so not to mess with the events on earth] letting gohan train for a year with Goku and then have a few years to hang out on Namek. He could be instructed to return to earth around the time F.Trunks revives #16 or kills Cell. but for DBM purposes... F.Trunks isn't bringing back anyone with the namek balls because they've been dead way too long.

4. I've thought of this before... I picture them using porta though and F.Trunks is dress in Sayan armor while Trunks is in F.Trunks old close. The result looked like sepheroth [FF7; ie long hair] in a black sayajin chest plate, loose gray pants with capsule corp boots, gloves and jacket; can't forget two swords for duel wielding fun... the dance is a little more practical though and no physical change would really be needed. they trained so differently that effectively its just a stack of there PLs with the sum of their experiences in one Trunks body.
Pikuhan vs Piccolo
Pikuhan vs Piccolo

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:23 pm

I don't have time to check the Manga, but the Wiki is saying they only had a week inside.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster Tue Jul 27, 2010 12:59 pm

A week sounds about right to me. They were only in the ROSAT for < an hour... For them to be in there 6 months, Buu would've had to have waited about half a day.
Buster
Buster

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikuhan vs Piccolo Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:16 pm

oh, you're right... I was thinking 1 hour=1 year and thought they were in for about 30 min Embarassed

but then how would Gotenks improve so drastically Suspect over a week
Pikuhan vs Piccolo
Pikuhan vs Piccolo

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Tue Jul 27, 2010 6:41 pm

didn't they mention they used that 'week' to improve their use of ssj3. but that they still coudn't use it longer then 5 minutes.

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:31 am

Right. Learned to do SSj3. Considering all they could do was SSj before hand, that makes them 8x stronger than they were! xD
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Wed Jul 28, 2010 9:04 am

ssj3 gotenks seemed equal to super buu. but he wasted time messing around.

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Wed Jul 28, 2010 11:25 am

I actually give SSj3 Gotenks more power. They were equal because of Buu's regen.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Wed Jul 28, 2010 12:59 pm

1.....he was already stronger than present trunks when he left. present trunks cant beat 18. trunks by now (dbm) would be able to defeat perfect cell for sure. personally i think he trained, and might go ssj2 against his father in the next round. but i think vegeta and trunks will first go ssj and fight it out till its clear vegeta needs to go ssj2 as well and beat his son down. vegeta wasnt acting like it would be a close fight after having seen trunks fight cooler but we dont know.
2. dabura might have arrived not long before the vargas did. since i think ssj2 trunks could beat down adult gohan, he would be at least equal to dabura.
3. no one can be wished back after a year of being dead. even the namekian balls are limited. and yeah he never found out where new namek was.
4. would be weird, but stronger than gotenks.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:11 pm

Actually. I remember reading somewhere that the single year restriction was imposed -just- for a mass resurrection wish. IE "With that many people, I could only do it for people that died in the last year."

I can't look up the exact quote right now though.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster Wed Jul 28, 2010 1:40 pm

yeah, I forgot about the 1 year restriction on resurrections. Buuuut... is that only Earth's DB's? I don't remember if the same restriction holds for the Namekian DB's, which are more powerful. Even if they were still limited to the 1 wish = 1 person back, he could do Piccolo, Gohan, and Vegeta the first round, and the others next. And if he got Piccolo back, they could use the Earth ones to repair the damage done by the Androids to the Earth.

Overall, I guess it doesn't matter too much, considering that Trunks didn't do it anyways.

@ussj future trunks
I really want to see SSJ2 Trunks against Vegeta, and yeah partially because I'm a Trunks fanboy. Once Vegeta goes SSJ2 to beat him, and then Trunks goes SSJ2 to counter, I'd like to see him say something like, "So this is what it's like to not have a lazy son." Vegeta's gonna beat him (obviously), but I hope they keep this Trunks around.
Buster
Buster

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down