Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Seems like goku will save the day one again..

+9
Buster
Mrperson0
Docter KillJoy
Hyp3rB14d3
Ussj Future Trunks
Syrias
Stick
Leon
Domitjen
13 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Seems like goku will save the day one again.. Empty Seems like goku will save the day one again..

Post  Domitjen Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:32 pm

Saw new page, Really great drawings but for once, just for ONCE I hoped that they would manage to defeat broly without the help of goku. and most of all, seems like Vegeta won't have the time to shine once again.

Any reactions?

Domitjen

Back to top Go down

Seems like goku will save the day one again.. Empty Re: Seems like goku will save the day one again..

Post  Leon Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:38 pm

Yeah. I'd have hoped since Salagir doesn't actively hate Vegeta like Toriyama does, Vegeta would actually get some credit.

But...wrong. He doesn't even get SSj2, despite the fact that theirs, like, a 90% chance of him having it...even discounting the supplement that says he does.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Seems like goku will save the day one again.. Empty Re: Seems like goku will save the day one again..

Post  Domitjen Fri Jul 16, 2010 3:39 pm

Leon wrote:Yeah. I'd have hoped since Salagir doesn't actively hate Vegeta like Toriyama does, Vegeta would actually get some credit.

But...wrong. He doesn't even get SSj2, despite the fact that theirs, like, a 90% chance of him having it...even discounting the supplement that says he does.

I hoped to see him go ssj2 to and fight him together along with Gohan.

Anyway if Goku suddenly poppes up with a ssj3 kamehameha , it will contradict the cannon ALOT . Even if it's just for a split second, they should be able to sense goku's energy, and then there's no point in the buu saga to say " I never senced something like that before " when he goes ssj3 against Majin buu

Domitjen

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:25 pm

This special has been baffling me lately, making me ponder just how immutable Salagir's writing really is. I just glanced at today's page which caught my attention. It's my growing belief that Broly will be defeated and killed in this special by a collective attack between Goku and Vegeta and perhaps others as well. Should Broly ultimately submit to this fate, I will undoubtedly hang my head in disappointment. The reason being was I was given the understanding that this special was the story behind Broly's universe and not simply a retelling of the film "Broly: Second Coming," as stated by Salagir himself. However, if Broly is indeed defeated this would highlight Salagir's callowness and mismanagement.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:29 pm

stick.. this special is happening in the universes 18 16 20 and 4 (i might have missed one or two) its even stated at the start of it. of course one of the outcomes will be that broly is defeated. but one of the outcomes will also be that he wins. both version will be shown.

that being said.... im sooooo sourly disappointed about goku now interfering again.... why cant vegeta just be the tough guy for once... the one who wins the day.... man.... Sad
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Domitjen Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Stick wrote:This special has been baffling me lately, making me ponder just how immutable Salagir's writing really is. I just glanced at today's page which caught my attention. It's my growing belief that Broly will be defeated and killed in this special by a collective attack between Goku and Vegeta and perhaps others as well. Should Broly ultimately submit to this fate, I will undoubtedly hang my head in disappointment. The reason being was I was given the understanding that this special was the story behind Broly's universe and not simply a retelling of the film "Broly: Second Coming," as stated by Salagir himself. However, if Broly is indeed defeated this would highlight Salagir's callowness and mismanagement.

My guess is that there will be 2 endings. One where broly wins, and one where Goku & Co wins.

But believe me, it's better to have all the broly pages now, so that we can focus on the main comic in a while forever.

Domitjen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:30 pm

Well. It's supposed to be all of them. Maybe 2 pages for the good guys winning and 2 pages for universe 20? Doesn't seem like enough room. Maybe this special is a little longer than the rest.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:40 pm

womp. womp. womp.....

How surlily disappointing to hear, I now hold Salagir, his writing at least, to a new regard, while my disinterest in DBM now accelerates even further.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Domitjen Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:45 pm

Stick wrote:womp. womp. womp.....

How surlily disappointing to hear, I now hold Salagir, his writing at least, to a new regard, while my disinterest in DBM now accelerates even further.

Alot of people in the past questioned Salagirs skills and writing when they saw the page, but then we all get a pleasant surprise afterwards. Remember the button malfunction? But it turned out to be zen buu?

I'm sure that Salagir knows what he's doing and won't dissapoint us. Don't forget what kind of quality fanmanga we are getting for free here

Domitjen

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Fri Jul 16, 2010 5:39 pm

This...you can't do that to begin with. A dead person may only return to the material world during their one day. That's -it-.

http://read.homeunix.com/onlinereading/?image=Dragon%20Ball%20complete/DragonBall%20Vol%20041/Db41ch15/411509.gif&server=nas.html

What is basically God says "That's impossible." Goku shouldn't have the physical ability to do it, otherwise he would have said "fuck the rules" right there.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:06 am

the goku fan in me died a little inside. why must he show up and save the day all the damn time? give vegeta some glory for once!

not to mention goku showing his ssj3 before the fat buu fight is a HUGE contradiction. someone would notice a massive jump in the power of goku's ki.

but not showing vegeta ssj2 is a good thing. when he showed it during his fight with goku, goku was surprised.

and yes better to show broly now rather than later.

Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sat Jul 17, 2010 3:07 am

Watch them take out Brolly before Goku gets the chance to warp down to earth.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sat Jul 17, 2010 6:36 am

i was always annoyed with movie 9. with goku suddenly apearing for a few seconds to save gohan's useles ass again.
what annoyed me more is that, vegeta, trunks and gohan as ssj's coudn't even budge powerd up form bojack. but base goku manages to knock him off his feet. riiiiight.

I hope that this shows that goku feels the power, but does not show up.

just let vegeta go ssj2 power up a massive final flash and blast broly into the sun.

and of course for universe 2. show broly slaughtering them all. then destroying everything in the universe
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrperson0 Sat Jul 17, 2010 11:44 am

I really hope Goku will be stopped by the Grand Kai or someone from going down there. If the Vegeta and co. see him as a SSJ3, won't that break the canon of U16 and U18?

And yeah, I hope that due to Goku not coming (not that the other fighters should know about him trying to do so), Vegeta will need to gain more power for his attack by going to SSJ2.
Mrperson0
Mrperson0

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jul 18, 2010 5:12 am

yeah that would be awesome! vegeta going ssj2 right when he defeats broly.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sun Jul 18, 2010 7:05 am

sadly by the looks of it. goku will ruin, vegeta's time to shine once again
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Buster Sun Jul 18, 2010 1:43 pm

yeah, Goku really shouldn't be in this at all... I would've much rather seen Goten rushing back to help his brother in this all pissed off in SSJ so that he can help distract Broly for Vegeta.

At least on the plus side, Goku SSJ3 was really well drawn.
Buster
Buster

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sun Jul 18, 2010 4:13 pm

goten and trunks are as useless as krillin.

i'm more disapointed that #18 didn't get to do more.

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jul 19, 2010 2:38 am

arent goten and trunks together stronger than 18 with their strongest attacks? hmm. with ssj bias they probably would be more useful than 18.

new page: cool piccolo does something. but another son is stealing vegeta's moment. dammit gohan Evil or Very Mad
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 19, 2010 7:51 am

remember their fight with #18 in the world tournament? she was kicking their ass.

true they are probaly equal or stronger then her, after their training in the room of spirit and time. but before that. she beats them easy
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikuhan vs Piccolo Mon Jul 19, 2010 9:52 am

Could say at the start of 23 tournament Goten and Trunks are about even with their android saga parents... which is pretty sick when you reference Gohan at that age, his 3yrs after freeza, his less than a year of training in RoSaT, and his lack of training for the next 7 years.

So maybe Trunks and Goten were closer to Super Vegeta after their training in RoSaT?

still for the current special Piccolo>18>Trunks>Goten> Rolling Eyes > No > Krillin
Pikuhan vs Piccolo
Pikuhan vs Piccolo

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:04 pm

this is why power levels became irrelevant because they became too high Razz
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Mon Jul 19, 2010 12:54 pm

DBM uses a much slower growth rate than most of us think DBZ does (IE, Vegeta growing about 3x between Cell and Buu rather than enough for Base Vegeta > 18. And yeah, I got a confirm for Salagir on 18 > Base Vegeta in the Buu saga).

Everything said and done, the Kids are between 2nd and 3rd form Frieza during the Buu Saga. Still retarded strong for their age, without any Zenkai's to get them to that point even. But, DBMs slow rate of growth and the massive power of Fusion lets this work.

IE, my numbers work out to fusion dance being: Weaker person x2 (the other person has to lower their power to match), x20 (the x bonus) and then toss in SSj3 for 400x.

So, SSj3 Gotenks is 16,000x stronger than base Goten. With DBMs slow rate of growth, this works out fine.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 19, 2010 3:59 pm

hehe poor vegeta :p
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Fri Jul 23, 2010 8:16 pm

I think Goku saving the day again is made up for by the page of everyone blasting Broly.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

http://quackbillion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next