Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread

5 posters

Go down

Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread Empty Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Thu Jun 24, 2010 4:08 am

Discuss the notorious sequel to dragonball z here. its good points? its failures? should there be more or should it not ever have been made? are the plot holes easily explained or simply inconsistent flaws?
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread Empty Re: Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread

Post  VegetaSSJ3 Thu Jun 24, 2010 7:07 am

Imho DBGT is the fusion between DB and DBZ.

The best element of DB and DBZ are on DBGT (little goku, the dragon ball quest, the super saiyan, etc.).
So it is something commercial: all people who have never read neither DB nor DBZ have certainly enjoyed DBGT.

But the trouble is: for people who already knew DB and DBZ, DBGT is a (not very good) copy.

But, DBGT is not as bad as some people tell. It is better than nothing Smile
VegetaSSJ3
VegetaSSJ3
Admin

https://dragonball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread Empty Re: Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread

Post  Docter KillJoy Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:18 pm

there where 3 things that botherd me the most about gt

1: lame villians and retarded power levels

2: stupid character designs....everyone's HEAD WAS FREAKING HUGE

3: turning goku into a kid and making him say stupid things he would never say like "Not many have survived my kamehameha and lived to tell the tall"
this is total bullshit, it's the only energy attack he ever uses and he has never killed anymore in dbz with it.

and ssj4 was a retarded concept that looks stupid. hell it seemed to make him weaker
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread Empty Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:49 am

1: lame villians and retarded power levels
i give you ledgic, nova shenron, omega and baby (baby was like frieza. he had a goal and was sort of more humanized and evil for a reason. plus who else made everyone evil and almost killed goku and won? if it werent for kibitoshin/ssj4, he would have won.) even super 17 was badass imo. the only bad villains imo were minor ones like the first 4 dragons.

retarded power levels? it goes like this.
gogeta ssj4 > universal spirit bomb powered goku > omega shenron > ssj4 goku > ssj4 vegeta > super 17 > great ape baby > rest of the dragons > general rildo > ssj2 kid goku > ssj2 vegeta > gohan > trunks > goten > pan (i actually dont know about her. shes strong enough to hold gero in place with little effort. she landed a kick on someone who goku said was as strong as majin buu. Neutral . you might think it weird how ssj goku did better than everyone else, well his ssj4 powerup and tail probably affected his overall power level too, and raised it way higher. maybe he got a zenkai from his battles with baby.

retarded designs? i give you ssj kid goku, ledgic, ssj4 vegeta and super 17.

3. whats wrong with kid goku and him being more arrogant than usual? its character development for goku. hes been the strongest for so long that hes become cocky. he was already a callous manipulative jerk in buu saga. and maybe he means a super kamehameha. didnt he kill heaps of people in dragonball (not z) with it? how about the movies? broly, cooler etc. plus him being a kid is refreshing new take on goku. not the same old gi, same old adult design. it brought gt back to its roots (cute kid goku). plus a flawed hero is better than the "superhero" goku in saiyan/namek sagas.

ssj4 was alot different than previous forms. hell it wasnt even ssj. it was more like the controlled form of the great ape. red fur made it unique and i think badass. how was he weaker when he slapped baby around when even majuub failed? how about killing most of the shadow dragons? plus ssj4 goku's english voice was all cool. i fail to see how creativity is retarded.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Official Dragonball Gt Discussion Thread Empty GT

Post  Stick Fri Jul 02, 2010 9:08 pm

It was an overall inferior product to DBZ, but nonetheless I found it mildly entertaining with enough respect not to blow a gasket whenever a discussion of GT is brought up, like most fanboys tend to do.

Dialogue was the serious issue for me, with annoyingly shoddy quips at moments of calamitous intensity that generally would fail at establishing any kind of reverence or favor.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  VegetaSSJ3 Sat Jul 03, 2010 4:36 am

It was an overall inferior product to DBZ, but nonetheless I found it mildly entertaining with enough respect not to blow a gasket whenever a discussion of GT is brought up, like most fanboys tend to do.

I totally agree.

But for me the main issue was Vegeta design lol!
VegetaSSJ3
VegetaSSJ3
Admin

https://dragonball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Sun Jul 04, 2010 8:58 am

and maybe he means a super kamehameha.

Even if he did, he's still never killed anyone with a Kamehameha, and I'm not even sure he's done
it in the movies.

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:plus a flawed hero is better than the "superhero" goku in saiyan/namek sagas.

Yeah, but a totally unlikeable hero isn't.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

http://quackbillion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jul 04, 2010 9:17 am

um he is likeable. its hard to stay mad at naive innocent goku. especially when hes back to be an even more naive kid.
tamborine, i think a few red ribbon soldiers, basically destroyed cooler (had murderous intent and meta cooler wasnt really cooler.) helped kill broly with kamehameha. thats it but still. maybe he was just trying to intimidate the sigma force so they back off. he wont kill if he doesnt have to.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down