Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What are your top 5 anime's

4 posters

Go down

What are your top 5 anime's Empty What are your top 5 anime's

Post  Docter KillJoy Fri Jun 25, 2010 1:00 pm

As we have one about manga's lets also have a topic about anime's.
it can be series or movies.

my top 5

1: Neon Genesis Evangelion
2: Dragonball Z
3: Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex
4: Witchblade Anime
5: Higurashi no Naku Koro ni (english title is When they Cry)

----

Evangelion will always remain a favorite of mine, it starts out fun, but slowely because more depressing. the ending is abit weird, but this got fixed with the end of evangelion movie.
Asuka FTW. I haven't seen the new remake movies yet.

DBZ, whats not to love.

ghost in the shell, excelent episodes, great pacing. good music and interesting characters

Not many like the witchblade anime, sure it's full of fan service (half naked women in armor fighting) but i quite liked the story. and the characters where interesting.

higurashi, well i simply love the intro song. it's based on a game serie. the anime is 26 eps with each event happening in 4 episodes. I specialy like the twins Mion and Shion.
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

What are your top 5 anime's Empty Re: What are your top 5 anime's

Post  Leon Wed Jun 30, 2010 7:33 pm

1: Code Geass
2: Cowboy Bebop
3: Ghost in the Shell
4: Trinity Blood
5: Ayashi No Ceres
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Wed Jul 14, 2010 6:06 pm

1. Dragonball/Z
2. Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann
3. Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha/A's/StrikerS
4. Yu Yu Hakusho
5. Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure

As for why I picked them...

This is a Dragonball forum. Did anyone really expect me to put anything other than Dragonball as my top choice? Dragonball is the anime that got me into anime (and I mean Dragonball; I didn't see Z until later). That said, since they're essentially the same series, I listed them both in the number 1 spot.

Tenga Toppa Gurren Lagann is the most over the top show I have ever seen. It's one of the few shows that manages to consistently surpass itself, and it was pretty good when it started. The only giant robot show that I've seen that I liked more than this was Megas XLR (which isn't in the list because it isn't anime).

Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha itself wasn't bad, but the sequel series are far better. Starting with A's, Mahou Shoujo Lyrical Nanoha essentially turns into Dragonball Z with eight year old girls (and I literally mean starting with it: check out the first fight of the season). When StrikerS came around, they decided to do a time jump to age up all the characters and to shift the attention away from the absurdly powerful main characters of the show and instead focus more on the growth of a younger team being trained by the main characters (who are still all older than Nanoha and Fate were in the first two seasons). However, the main characters were still all there, and near the end of the season, really showed what they could do. Plus, what's not to love about a series where a character takes out the puppet master by doing this.

Yu Yu Hakusho was pretty much Dragonball Z light, but with a ghost story spin on it. Which pretty much sums up why I liked it so much.

Dual! Parallel Trouble Adventure can be accurately summed up as Tenchi Muyo does Neon Genesis Evangelion. Kazuki, the main character of the show (who looks suspiciously like Tenchi and eventually builds up an harem like Tenchi did, although his seems to be a lot less unwanted), has visions of giant robots fighting each other in a war of some sort, and writes about them on his website. Mitsuki, one of his classmates, suddenly takes an interest in his stories and brings him to her house. Where she introduces him to her father, a scientist named Ken Sanada. Ken believes in parallel dimensions, and that Kazuki's visions are coming from another world. He then proceeds to teleport Kazuki to this world, telling Kazuki to find the parallel universe's Ken Sanada if he wants to get back. Unfortunately, the alternate Ken Sanada is the leader of the Japanese Defense Force, who are fighting an invading force known as the Rara Army, and therefore was too busy to complete his research and finish the dimensional transporting machine. Long story short, it's decided that the fastest way for Kazuki and Mitsuki (who followed after him) to get home is to end the war so that Ken can finish his research.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Kalkarot-El Mon Jul 26, 2010 4:53 am

Humm... not sure how to order these. scratch
1.Afro samurai
2.Cowboy Bebop
3.Baki the Grappler
4.Samurai Shamploo
5.Dragonball, Dragonball Z

Kalkarot-El