Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What's your DBM grade?

+4
Docter KillJoy
Ussj Future Trunks
other account
Stick
8 posters

Go down

What's your DBM grade? Empty What's your DBM grade?

Post  Stick Mon Sep 06, 2010 1:39 am

Writing: F (Originally C)

Let's face it; DBM was written for fanboys and not readers.

Translation: G

Do I even have to explain why?

Artwork: B-

Definitely good, but holding it to DBZ standards, it does not compare.

Direction: D

At times the comic seems anti-climatic, misleading, and downright vague.

Simple, user friendly, though abit stodgy and singular.

Overall: D

All in all, DBM is a fairly interesting comic that had a fast start ,but ultimately fizzled in the end.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

What's your DBM grade? Empty Re: What's your DBM grade?

Post  other account Wed Sep 08, 2010 3:22 pm

Writing: C-

Its captivating, yet still full of wishfulling fan fic cliches poorly justified by author's liberty.

Translation: B

At least if there's a mistake he attempts to rectify it.

Artwork: A+

Raises the bar for fan fictions.

Direction: A

At times the comic seems anti-climatic, misleading, and downright vague.

Simple, user friendly, though abit stodgy and singular. seconded

Overall: B

I may have my personal criticisms but I will surely keep on reading, so for that I say B.

other account

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Sep 13, 2010 1:08 am

writing - b. i really like the twists and bra's battle with buu. the whole first 150 pages were top notch. its fallen of late with the whole "omfg yamchas an android. and we are supposed to care".

translation - c. eh...

artwork - A ++++++++++++++

direction - not so good. i wish we would continue with good fights and characters. not broly or yamcha/17/whatever the fuck.

overall - b+. i have my gripes but i will keep reading till the end.

Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Sep 13, 2010 12:53 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:writing - b. i really like the twists and bra's battle with buu. the whole first 150 pages were top notch. its fallen of late with the whole "omfg yamchas an android. and we are supposed to care".

translation - c. eh...

artwork - A ++++++++++++++

direction - not so good. i wish we would continue with good fights and characters. not broly or yamcha/17/whatever the fuck.

overall - b+. i have my gripes but i will keep reading till the end.

riiight because bra is such a great character. get a better taste in characters Razz

------

Writing: C. It's good, but been going down hill with salagir contradicting himself with various things. or making up theories that contradict dbz canon.

translator: C+. it ain't bad. just sometimes they place the words wrong.

artwork: A. looks pretty much like the manga.

direction: B- would have been better if salagir stopped contadicting himself. example: he himself stated that broly slaughterd everyone in his universe during the 'movie 10' events. and what happens in the special dedicated to that. he gets shot in space and by pure luck misses the sun.
also i'm disapointed that salagir seems to only want u16 look good.

overall: B. i'll keep reading, i just wish salagir would improve his 'ideas'
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Sep 13, 2010 9:54 pm

riiight because bra is such a great character. get a better taste in characters
like your beloved broly? dont tell me who to like and not like.

he himself stated that broly slaughterd everyone in his universe during the 'movie 10' events. and what happens in the special dedicated to that. he gets shot in space and by pure luck misses the sun.
yeah AND THEN slaughters everyone. thats not a contradiction.

also i'm disapointed that salagir seems to only want u16 look good.
so they give one universe the spotlight for a while and suddenly hes a fanboy? give u16 a break. they are doing shit now. doesnt mean U18 wont be the heroes later. jesus.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Tue Sep 14, 2010 3:07 am

did i ever mention Broly in my sentence? no. i never once said he was a great character. sure i'm a fan of him but i know he was just a plot device in dbm.

oh whats that? don't want to be told who to like or not. and what have you been doing then, with white knighting bra constantly on the comment section, when ever someone dared to say something you didn't agree with.

http://www.dragonball-multiverse.com/en/page-160.html
read page 160 again. salagir clearly states that broly slaughtered everone in u20 during the events of movie 10.
and what happens instead during that special. he gets shot in space and misses the sun by luck.
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Tue Sep 14, 2010 5:28 am

i never said "get a better taste in characters. bras so awesome. fuck you for not liking her". but you are telling me who i should like and not like.

read page 160 again. salagir clearly states that broly slaughtered everone in u20 during the events of movie 10. and what happens instead during that special. he gets shot in space and misses the sun by luck.
again. no. he kills everyone after he misses the sun. or did you miss that ounce of basic logic? just because the special doesnt show something, doesnt mean it doesnt happen. did we see broly getting frozen in the special? it didnt? then it must not have happened! omg contradiction!
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Perfect-Kenshin Sat Oct 02, 2010 6:16 pm

Writing: D (lots of bad writing. Sometimes, it's good, but like the OP said, DBM was written for fanboys. Plus, it contradicts the source material ALOT)

Translation: A- (There are a few flaws here and there with the English translation, but nothing major).

Artwork: A+ (Pretty much the reason I read DBM. Gogeta Jr. is awesome in how closely he mirrors Toriyama's work).

Direction: D (The Specials detract from the quality of the story).

Website: B (not too shabby. I'd probably give it an A, but the way the comment section is handled is terrible. The mods should only worry about people who actually trolling/spamming).

Overall: C.

All in all, DBM has great art, but that's pretty much all that really captivates me to read it. Then again, for fairness sake, I think DBZ went downhill big time after the Frieza saga, so given what Salagir has to work with in the first place, it's understandable that the end result would still be mediocre.
Perfect-Kenshin
Perfect-Kenshin

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrperson0 Sat Oct 02, 2010 7:29 pm

Writing: C - I find it pretty interesting, but got sad when Salagir ended up changing his story because of the fans (Vegetto going with Bulma, instead of going with polygamy).

Translation: B- - Most of the time it's readable, but it's laughable as well.

Artwork: A+ I'm pretty sure no one hates Gogeta Jr.'s artistic abilities, seeing as it is pretty much Toriyama-like.

Direction: D - Too much emphasis on one universe at times. First Broly, now U16. It gets pretty annoying with the special after every main chapter.

Website: A- - Easy to navigate, only gripe is comments section.

Overall: B-

If only they could make it so they didn't go wrong with Vegetto's universe, and they would stay on the main story, not resorting to specials.
Mrperson0
Mrperson0

Back to top Go down

Post  crippknottick Sun Nov 28, 2010 5:07 am

snip

Last edited by crippknottick on Fri May 01, 2020 12:14 pm; edited 1 time in total

crippknottick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:51 pm

all the convenient match-ups for the tournament
dont you remember that zen buu is basically fixing the tournament? it might seem conveniant cos hes making everyone fight who he chooses.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Mon Nov 29, 2010 10:53 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:
dont you remember that zen buu is basically fixing the tournament? it might seem conveniant cos hes making everyone fight who he chooses.

come on, that's a stretch...
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrperson0 Wed Dec 01, 2010 12:37 am

Are you sure it wasn't Mary Sue doing to choosing? I agree with Stick, it is a bit of a stretch to claim that Zen Buu would be choosing ALL of the matches. It's just all speculation, and the only thing we saw him doing with the tournament was destroying the send-back-to-universe button.
Mrperson0
Mrperson0

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Wed Dec 01, 2010 1:16 am

Mrperson0 wrote:

Are you sure it wasn't Mary Sue doing to choosing? I agree with Stick, it is a bit of a stretch to claim that Zen Buu would be choosing ALL of the matches. It's just all speculation, and the only thing we saw him doing with the tournament was destroying the send-back-to-universe button.

Exactly, Buu just manipulated the broly fight. As to other fights, I believe that is simply the author favoring what the readers want; the gotenks fight for example.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:52 am

I don't think readers wanted to see Gotenks vs Gotenks. Like Gotenks himself said, it's a waste.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Fri Dec 03, 2010 9:58 pm

Hyp3rB14d3 wrote:I don't think readers wanted to see Gotenks vs Gotenks. Like Gotenks himself said, it's a waste.

They certainly seemed excited during the speculation and eventual confirmation of the fight. Of course, their hopes were crushed upon actually reading the pages :)
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:18 am

Yeah. Mirroring each other was funny the first time, but having the entire fight being them mirroring each other until their SSJ3 eats away their ki sucked. Worse, at this rate, they're going to end up simultaneously being disqualified when their fusions time out.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Sat Dec 04, 2010 2:24 am

Hyp3rB14d3 wrote:Yeah. Mirroring each other was funny the first time, but having the entire fight being them mirroring each other until their SSJ3 eats away their ki sucked. Worse, at this rate, they're going to end up simultaneously being disqualified when their fusions time out.

meh, it was a fun ride, but now, I'm getting off....
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum