Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Yamcha the Cyborg

+12
Rage
Ryuu
SSJ Your Nick
Pikuhan vs Piccolo
Stick
Bartholomew
LunchPolice
Leon
Docter KillJoy
Ussj Future Trunks
Syrias
Hyp3rB14d3
16 posters

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Yamcha the Cyborg Empty Yamcha the Cyborg

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Fri Aug 20, 2010 5:04 pm

I knew it.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Yamcha the Cyborg Empty Re: Yamcha the Cyborg

Post  Syrias Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:29 pm

its a cool idea.

Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Fri Aug 20, 2010 6:38 pm

As someone on the forum pointed out, this Yamcha seems to have been transformed into an android fairly early in the storyline, judging by his apparent age. Anyone else wondering if Gero took Yamcha's body after the Saibaman exploded on him? Same with Tienshinhan: Gero could have grabbed him after he died fighting Nappa. Of course, this is assuming U9 followed a similar story to U18 up until at least the saiyan saga.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Fri Aug 20, 2010 9:40 pm

gero might never have been evil in u9.

krillin faces the RR for the first time. then he goes directly to the source and kills the main leader of RR. RR disbands. Gero finds a new workplace with capsule corp. he creates police force enhancing cyborg upgrades and fully robotic policemen. being surrounded by fellow scientists and friendly briefs family, he actually is content with being Ccorps top guy after Dr. Briefs. years later, Bulma comes home sobbing and alone. without her boyfriend yamcha, whom she found in the desert. gero suggest using his latest prototype android model, which isnt much more than a skeleton and power source atm, to find the DBs. Bulma tells Gero that there are no DBs anymore, since yamcha died in the fight against piccolo. piccolo himself was killed by krillin and tien.

gero is dumbfounded and doesnt know what to say. bulma goes to her room and stays there for months. gero leaves capsule HQ for about a day, then returns and locks himself up in his lab and thinks and plans and thinks even more. all the time he is looking at the capsule he brought from the fighting zone at which yamcha died.

finally he approaches the still crying bulma and tells her that he knows a way to maybe bring yamcha back. together they turn the prototype battle android (geros 17th creation) into yamchas likeness. finally they open the capsule, which holds yamchas remains. they extract the brain and implant it in a machine. they digitalize all the memories. when they transfer the data to the androids brain, there is a short circuit and it seems that 17 only has the basic programming of the battle android.

bulma keeps 17 around for the mere fact that she "cant kill yamcha again" and keeps calling him yamcha. normally hed respond by "my designation is number 17, miss briefs" all the time. but one day she is busy looking for something in a closet and calls out "Yamcha, come help me please!". the android says in a soft voice "okay... bulma." bulma is shocked and asks him to repeat that. 17 says "i said "yes, miss briefs". at least i think i did. my dialogue logs show me saying "okay... bulma" though.

they run some check ups and find that the parts of the artificial brain in which the memories should be stored seems to partially have started functioning.

go on from there and you have a fully yamcha-fied android Very Happy
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:45 pm

That's a nice story, but it doesn't explain Yamcha understanding the guilt of slaughtering masses and pain of not knowing who he is. More likely, Gero was evil, swiped Yamcha's dead body, and made one of the cyborgs using it as a base instead of the human that became Artificial Human #17 in universe 18. As for how he got his memories back...maybe they just wished Yamcha back to life.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Fri Aug 20, 2010 11:59 pm

"Yamcha! those guys are from the stars, just like piccolo. i hate them. go with krillin into space and kill them ALL" - enraged bulma, after tien got killed by vegeta. she stays behind and creates a tien android. yamcha android 17 who still is just the battle android, goes with krillin and all of the cold empire gets destroyed. even after krillin opts to go home, yamcha bot carries out his order and kills them all. children, women and men. old and young. ALL OF THEM. then he returns home. later his memories start to return and its only bulma who gets him to forget his guilt. when they are together, he forgets the androids deeds and is just the human again.

see? easy.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:05 am

Meh. That's not so much evil as ruthless. If you don't take out the immediate family members of the villains, they'll just come back to seek revenge eventually. And with an empire as large as that of the Cold family, that many people taking revenge would be a very, very bad thing.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:21 am

yeah because a simple scientist-assistant or some soldier on a backwater planet are so evil for fearing freeza so much that they rather work for him instead if the big bad guy killing them and their families.

im talking about taking the order "kill them ALL" completely serious. in my idea yamcha bot killed ALL beings under the cold empires rule. ALL OF THEM ALL ON EVERY PLANET the cold empire ruled. and even the kids. you might have not read that. that is murder right there, since most under the colds rule just feared them and probably actually hoped for some hero to save them. all dead. billions of lifes.

Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sat Aug 21, 2010 12:45 am

Generic Subordinate number 4835201, husband of a devoted wife, generic family member 44094321, and father to two children, generic family members 44094401 and 44094402. They don't like Frieza, but it's better to work for him than against him. On his way to kill Frieza, Yamcha-borg kills Generic Subordinate number 4835201, who was doing what he had been hired to do: work for Freeza. Wife can't stand life anymore and commits suicide, and two kids who had spent their entire lives under Frieza's rule now see Yamcha-borg not as the hero that killed Frieza, but as the murderer of their parents. Twenty to thirty years later, 44094401 and 44094402 show up at Earth with a warship and proceed to try to take revenge. Now repeat that about a billion times. Ruthless, not evil.

That said, I can see how acting ruthless could cause one to feel guilt, especially in that situation.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Aug 22, 2010 1:08 am

i dislike this twist. i thought yamcha was owning 18 with his own strength that he worked for, not gero's enhancements. whats the point of a human universe if they arent entirely human?
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sun Aug 22, 2010 3:29 am

To have strong good guys other than the unstoppable space monkies? Also, Krillin at least seems to be fully human.

Edit: Also, the cyborg technology is a human creation. So Yamcha 17 is a fully human achievement.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sun Aug 22, 2010 12:53 pm

it limits the exictement of a strong human universe.
but it at least explains his expierence and power.

i wonder if tien will also be an android (16 or 18)
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Sun Aug 22, 2010 6:24 pm

Anyone else think it would be hilarious if Tien's left hand (the one Nappa cut off in U12, U14, U16, U18, and U20 and that has not yet been shown in DBM) was replaced with a blatantly robotic one? Or a hook?
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Sun Aug 22, 2010 8:01 pm

A hook? xD
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:34 am

I suppose Yamcha was a villan in U9? If they make a special chapter, that will be cool. Especially if he began as a good guy.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

http://quackbillion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Aug 23, 2010 6:34 am

a hook
aaarrghh this three eyed pirate is going for one last plunder!
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Aug 23, 2010 1:03 pm

now i want tien to have a hook and eyepatch lol!
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Mon Aug 23, 2010 4:05 pm

One or two eyepatches? Very Happy
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:31 am

Probably the stupidest idea currently written in the history of Dragonball. I add this as fodder to highlight my general opinion Salagir is a terrible writer.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:43 am

It's not that weird, I could come up with way stupider ideas. Plus, it allows a character that was too weak in the original show
to be able to stand up to the others.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:47 am

LunchPolice wrote:It's not that weird, I could come up with way stupider ideas. Plus, it allows a character that was too weak in the original show
to be able to stand up to the others.

like?
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:49 am

Yamcha being a Saiyan.
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

Back to top Go down

Post  Stick Fri Aug 27, 2010 1:53 am

I think it'll take a collective force of stupid, and uninspired, ideas to surpass salagir.
Stick
Stick

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Aug 27, 2010 8:47 am

i too dislike the fact that yamcha needs robot parts to stand up to the others. why not kaioken or some new super human transformation? No
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Hyp3rB14d3 Mon Aug 30, 2010 4:15 pm

The humans can't transform because transformations were what made the saiyans better than the humans (along with zenkais). If the humans could transform to match the saiyans, there wouldn't have been such a power discrepancy between them in DBZ. To have a human go "super human" would just be pretending that saiyans weren't better than humans in DBZ.

The humans can't match the SSJ transformations with kaioken because of the multipliers for the SSJ transformations that Salagir is using. SSJ is 50 times, already more than any kaioken in DBZ. Then there's SSJ2, which is 500 times, and SSJ3, which is 5000 times. Trying to use kaioken to keep up would be suicide. Literally: if you try to multiply your power higher than you can handle it, kaioken makes you explode.

Making Yamcha an android was one way to bridge the gap. Krillin, on the other hand, seems to be representing the route of using skill and techniques to overcome power discrepancies. I wonder if Tien will have been dead for an extended period of time and taken advantage of the faster growth of dead fighters than living ones.
Hyp3rB14d3
Hyp3rB14d3

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 6 1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next