Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Specials

+7
Bartholomew
Pikuhan vs Piccolo
Syrias
Mrperson0
Docter KillJoy
Leon
Ussj Future Trunks
11 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

Specials Empty Specials

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:24 am

what do you think the next special is? personally i hope its U16. the specials seem to focus on who is important at the time. if not 16, then 13.

also what do you think so far of broly returns special? judging by the new page, its coming to an end at last.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Specials Empty Re: Specials

Post  Leon Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:29 am

U16 has a novel, so I doubt Salagir will be doing it.

Human universe would be my preference, but I see that being more of a novel thing also...seeing as its an -entire- AU, not just a late in the game alteration.

Probably one of the other small change universes.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 am

isnt that an untranslated fanfic different to salagir's vision?
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Thu Jul 15, 2010 1:54 am

No. The fics posted on DBM are official.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:04 am

but they are untranslated. and i want bra turning ssj for the first time in manga form. salagir said he would do the special iirc. the fic is like soap opera anyway.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Thu Jul 15, 2010 2:07 am

Right. I couldn't stand the Uber universe being pussified. That's why I made mine. ^_^
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:00 am

the super saiyans universe would be interesting to see

but i would like to see the super nameks back story
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Thu Jul 15, 2010 3:01 am

Super Namek could probably be handled in a 3 chapters, one for each Saga. I doubt he struggled much with his opponents.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:17 am

at least we would be finaly see him talk.....if he talks at all
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Thu Jul 15, 2010 5:42 am

i dont want to see the special before he fights. hes better as a mystery. leave his special until before a big final fight (zen buu/vegetto)
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Thu Jul 15, 2010 6:52 am

final fight? buu isn't the final boss

he will probaly try and absorb the final boss and gets destroyed
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Mrperson0 Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:46 pm

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:i dont want to see the special before he fights. hes better as a mystery. leave his special until before a big final fight (zen buu/vegetto)

Wait, what? "Big final fight"? I highly doubt that there will be one. As Salagir stated, the true main villain wasn't shown yet, and probably won't be for another 100 pages or so. That villain will probably mess up the entire tournament to the point where no one cares about it.

As for the topic, I hope for the next special to be about the Super Saiyans (with Kakarotto being evil and all) or the humans. Those would be interesting to see. And IIRC, this current special is U16, U18, and U20, right?
Mrperson0
Mrperson0

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Thu Jul 15, 2010 4:55 pm

a u16 special would be pretty pointless, unless you really need to see some teary/happy "oh no my husband is gone/ yay i can bone vegetto" stuff from chichi/bulma.

after vegetto killed buu (no uub) there simply wasnt anything left to happen at all. besides the family issues. and i dont really need to see that.

what i want to see is the super namek universe. especially since i kinda made salagir reconsider his idea on how the super namek formed. its pretty early on in the comment section after the first appearance of the namek, i believe Very Happy

next i want to see u13 and especially how they beat freeza.

u9 and u8 are a tie for me. both really interesting.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Thu Jul 15, 2010 8:56 pm

How is that? I don't think I was around that early.
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Pikuhan vs Piccolo Thu Jul 15, 2010 10:17 pm

I would have had Nail first absorb all the namek warriors to make short work of freeza and Ginyu force, then absorbs all remaining nameks when another threat comes making the dragon balls inert.

-Wish all nameks that died this year back to life.
-Nail absorbs all warrior nameks.
-Goku never goes SSJ1
-Piccolo, Goku, Gohan, Krillin, Bulma return to earth.
-Kamicolo defeats Cooler.
-Super Vegeta returns to earth.
-Super Nail brings Dende to earth.
-Super Namek defeats million Mecha Coolers.
-Goku dies, Vegeta fights androids, Kamicolo takes Gohan into RoSaT, Z-warriors die.
-Gohan's base = U18 Piccolo pre-Kami fuse, Dende and Piccolo die, Gohan goes SSJ1 for 1st time
-think I ranted off track silent
Pikuhan vs Piccolo
Pikuhan vs Piccolo

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jul 16, 2010 4:35 am

final fight? buu isn't the final boss. he will probaly try and absorb the final boss and gets destroyed
i meant before super namek is defeated, i would like his special. somewhere during the later rounds.

syrias - it doesnt need to be long. especially for a single manga chapter. i just want the general events and how pan and bra turned ssj. also bra training with vegetto. it doesnt need to show all the irrelavent soap opera stuff. salagir even said the soap opera fanfic is basically non dbm canon as it didnt show the story salagir wants to show. so maybe there were events and fights in u16 we dont know about. i want to read about how king yemma declines vegettos request for uub because he is half vegeta.

u8 probably will be shown either before king cold fights or before frieza fights nappa.

i am honestly not as interested in super nameks universe. it would just be him beating frieza and cell effortlessly, then fighting buu.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Fri Jul 16, 2010 7:36 am

IMO these special chapters doesn't become interesting because of the fights, but because of the background information we get on several characters in DBM. Super Namek's special could be very interesting:

1. The fusing of all nameks. Super Namek basically had to dispose (is that the right word?) of his entire race in order to protect them and defeat Freeza. That must be a really tough decision

2. We get to know about how powerful he is and how many nameks there are in the Super Namek

And 3. We get to see him kill Freeza, Cell and Buu
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Fri Jul 16, 2010 8:20 am

well i dont thin u16 had any "fights we dont know of" because that would contradict DBZ canon majorly. until uub arrived, nothing of importance happened in u18 and as such nothing should happen in u16 as well. just having pan and bra train and go ssj for the first time doesnt warrant a full special and can be done in a flashback during the actual main story in a one page deal for each. everything else in u16 basically is the same as u18 and as such doesnt need exposition. a full u16 special simply is not needed. every actual battle is done already and there should be no random fights against random enemies who just get invented for u16 for some reason. every "monster/villain" that attacks u16 would have to appear in most of the other universes as well and as such none of those univeres would exist, since the opponent would have to be able to fight vegetto rather well for it to be interesting.

bra going ssj "is a usual tantrum" for her and as such it is to assume she went ssj for just being angry about something trivial, not something important like someone dying or the earth being threatened. kinda the same for u16s pan. she might be ssj because she actually trained a lot and then hit a "limit wall" and got angry about it. vegeta style.

there simply is nothing interesting in bra and pan going ssj.

in the super namek universe, there is a lot to tell.

how did he come into being? is the unnamed namek a part of him? did the unnamed namek ever visit earth or did he stay with the nameks from the start? HOWY EASILY did he beat freeza? did he have an actual fight or did he just blow him away like nothing? how about a cell-version? how easy or difficult was it for the namek to beat that? or buu? did he actually fight buu? did he meet the z warriors, or versions of them? how strong are they in his universe? did he fight them for some reason? did he fight broly? how did he beat broly?

opposed to u16, the super namek actually has to fight all of the threats of DBZ on his own. and also we will get to see how he came to be. we will be able to gauge his power in accordance to how easily he beats his foes. we can find out why there arent z warriors with him. there is a story to be told.

if one cant see the difference between u16 and the namek in terms of how interesting it is, well.. im sorry for such a person then.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jul 16, 2010 10:16 am

1. The fusing of all nameks. Super Namek basically had to dispose (is that the right word?) of his entire race in order to protect them and defeat Freeza. That must be a really tough decision

2. We get to know about how powerful he is and how many nameks there are in the Super Namek

exactly. sure we get to see the fusion then that fusion owning all the villains...i like him better when hes silent strong and mysterious. giving him a special early on would destroy that. and im not interested in spoiling that mystique with a special that consists of "lolz i haz hax fusion. you got pwned frieza, cell, buu. lolz i iz strong".

well i dont thin u16 had any "fights we dont know of" because that would contradict DBZ canon majorly.
how? U16 isnt canon..what are you on about? pretty sure vegetto didnt stay fused in canon. im talking about post buu. the fight with hirudegarn. maybe janemba appears. maybe some original villains created by the divergance. of course vegetto doesnt show ssj2 but it might make for giving gohan/goten/ trunks/bra/pan fights. why shouldnt anything happen after vegetto fuses and beats buu? boring dont you think? leon had them fight some different challenging threats in his fanfic. why dont you want any "non vegetto fighter fights off a threat"? seems like your making up excuses not to show U16 defending the universe just because there was nothing in U18. and why does the threat need to fight vegetto for it to be interesting? wow so negative. do you hate the universe or something?

likely but i still want to see it. her first time would be quite emotional for vegetto and bulma i think. proud of his little girl. salagir can definitely come up with something interesting. maybe vegetto gets trapped in another dimension and the others must defend earth without him. maybe pan needs extreme anger and sadness because shes only quarter saiyan.

there is nothing really exciting in super mega fusion hax namek pwning everyone easily. and i dont want the mystery to be spoiled until hes revealed himself in battle. there is nothing really emotional or interesting in it imo. just nameks fuse together and pwn frieza, easily or not. does it really matter if nameless namek is part of him? hes probably strong enough that he doesnt need kamicollo. now the fights and stories in U9 would be probably the most exciting of them all. the "how the hell did that happen?" universe. and of course U5 and the tech warriors of U19. im more interested in trunks fighting dabura and babidi/super 13/some other threat. im more interested in cell's conquest (cell vs broly?). what the deal is with U11 if the split differed from the buu saga of U18 (second broly special didnt happen). im more interested in U2 and how toriyama characters came to be in their dbz universe. im more interested in kakarot, raditz, nappa and vegeta vs frieza and ginyu force. im more interested in U5 and XXI. personally i think hes not the main main villain.

Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:12 am

how about you dont take me rightfully pointing out how after fighting buu nothing of importance happenend in DBZ and as such there can be no fights anymore as a personal insult? Very Happy

all movie stuff that is not in DBM is non canon to DBM. salagir said so. so there is no janemba or anything.

and again. if there would be some OCs attacking the u16 inbetween buu and the DBM torunament, they would also need to appear in u18 and probably other universes. and that would cause problems. bra u16 is so strong that even she was the "non vegetto" youre talking about, the villain OC would still need to be so strong that u18 would have trouble beating him. also im quite sure salagir once mentioned nothing happening for the time after buu at all. so that is canon to DBM.

just accept that there is nothing of interest for anyone happening in u16, save for the girls going ssj. gohan? the same as u18 gohan and as such not training. goten/trunks/gotenks? same as u18 and as such not training. both stated by salagir. no new enemies. so all we could get is pan and bra going ssj and training fights. and that is not interesting.

next thing... stop attacking the super namek as "hax fusion" or ill start to call bra "hax deus ex machina girl with power she doesnt deserve at all for not earning it the hard way" Very Happy

the super namek universe special should come after his first fight, which should be a big one. in that special there is lot of story possibility, as opposed to the peaceful universe of u16. he still has to beat all major villains and we dont know what happened to earth and the z warriors at all.

with u16 we can already somewhat gauge the powers. with super namek this is not the case.

just accept that while you might like u16 and specially bra (shes fiction, you cant date her Very Happy im joking) better, the super namek universe just holds more interesting story possibilities. in u16 all is said and done, the super namek still has to beat every baddy.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Bartholomew Fri Jul 16, 2010 11:26 am

We don't know how easily Super Namek beat Freeza, Cell and Buu

And I'm not saying that his special should come before his first fight in the Tournament, I would rather have it come after his fight.

I agree that there are tons of interesting things to write about in the other specials about other universes, but I disagree that there would be nothing interesting about the Super Namek special
Bartholomew
Bartholomew

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:16 pm

fine then make up some villains. and no they dont have to appear in other universes. why would they? my theory was they only exist because vegetto did. like the butterfly effect. trunks going back in time created 19 and 16 remember? or they were there the whole time and only showed themselves to fight the biggest power in the universe, which can be sensed from all over. so no they dont need to appear in u18. theres no reason why they need to.

i explained that just watching him fight buu knowing hes gonna win is tedious. and so is finding out how the nameks fused. the mysticism people! i want the mystery at least until super namek's final fight.

i didnt say gohan and gotenks trained. nothing remotely like that. im not interested in them anyway. but im interested in bra's growth, ssj transformation, training and relationship with her father. same with pan. how does she deal with her grandfather being basically dead? how does vegetto act when hes training the girls? what happened immediately after he beat kid buu? for example having the uub wish declined.

do you know what deux ex machina means? if thats the case then gohan and gotenks are the same as bra. bra trained for WAY longer imo than both gohan, goten and trunks put together. how in all mother of god does she not earn her power? what does she need to prove to you that she earnt it? nearly die in her training? bra is interesting. so is how pan turned ssj. at least to me Crying or Very sad . theres the opportunity for a little personal character drama and development. the struggles of having half vegeta for a father and trainer. her relationship with pan etc. doesnt need to be sappy or drawn out. just hints of it to deepen that universe and things that at least i want to know. i find it depressing that you need "OMFG VILLAINS" to make that universe interesting. peace can still be compelling. salagir did say there are stories he wants to tell, not covered in the fanfic and that we should expect the U16 special.

i just find the emotion of a hard training and very first ssj transformation more interesting than "super fusion pwns frieza". the only interesting thing i can think of for super namek is how he deals with being all the nameks in one. does he have multiple voices in his head like piccolo did when he fused with nail? thats about it for things i want to find out/read about. pan pushing herself to ssj seems more dramatic than "frieza gets pwned".
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Leon Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:45 pm

I just reused villans. Particularly Cell. So much potential as a villein. ^_^
Leon
Leon

Back to top Go down

Post  Syrias Fri Jul 16, 2010 12:53 pm

youre acting largely immature here.

i give you the fact that ssj transformations in the girls could be interesting and all you give me is "but i dont like the super namek. i dont want to see him pwn freeza".

lets watch it from my viewpoint now. but a little more in detail.

DBZ is about fighting. its no soap opera and no social drama or anything. its a shonen show about fighting. its awesome. but no where in there are you actually ever having any drama at all, save for emotions needed for transforming and such. goku kills his brother, or helps with it. then he never even spends a second to think about him. he leaves his family behind to train. he keeps not killing his opponents, who threaten people, just for the sake of fighting them again. luckily and unrealistically all his enemies either die anyway or reform to be good guys. the show never once goes deeper into all the killing. it never goes deeper into emotions than "transformation accomplished. yay. now forget about #16 completely in the long run".

DBM is a continuation of DBZ. in the same way, its all about the fighting. emotions serve either for comedic relief or for "omg theyre fucked" or "yay he transformed due to rage". it serves the fighting excitement. nothing more. i dont expect melodrama or epic storytelling from DBM, just like i never expected it from DBZ. its jsut about the fighting and fun.

so forgive me for not being interested in any drama about chichi wanting goku back or anything. all i want to see actually is awesome fights in a coherent story background.

and in that vein, u16 simply doesnt offer anything. since there are no possible enemies for the earth left.

about every enemy in u16 also appearing at least in in u18... well its easy. u16 and u18 (and seemingly u9 aswell, maybe others) all faced the same enemies up to the end of Z/the time the vargas came. so its logical to assume that if there would be new conquerers or anything in u16, that they would have to appear in the other universes as well.

#19 and #16 did not appear out of nowhere. future trunks just did not know them. 19 died against vegeta, just like in u18. 16 could have been destroyed before meeting gohan/trunks in the future. or he simply deactivated due to finding goku dead and as such his prime directive being fulfilled.

while u18 goku once said "i attract bad guys, leave me dead" this was never really the case.

it simply doesnt make sense to introduce fighters in u16 that dont appear at least in u18. salagir said each universe is the same save for one big change. and as such u16 already had this big change in vegetto. the big changes do create new universes, true. but unless the change is "a new enemy appears" all universes get the same enemys and as such there is no possibility for new enemys in u16.

please understand that. its impossible to logically introduce new enemies in u16 that magically do not happen in all the other universes.
Syrias
Syrias

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jul 16, 2010 1:23 pm

actually im not. i just dislike what you like. is that such a problem?

look, the trunks special sucked but not because it had no action. it had potential for other things. also there are episodes full of dialogue and drama but you are thinking dbz is shallow. for example, entire episodes are dedicated to vegetas emotions, or driving lesson comedy. or filler flashbacks. all those episodes in the 10 day wait. no action, just tension, humour and developments. gohan's training episodes. like the robot episode. no action, just gohan growing as a character. salagir has potential to grow beyond the stereotype your trying to set. how about the whole saiyaman arc? not really any real fights, but its character and humour. gt a hero's legacy. no real action but the drama is there and quite well done imo. how about trunks's time? its not about fighting the androids. its about life in a world where your scared and running away all the time from two unstoppable monsters.

am i getting the point across yet?

so no dbm doesnt have to be just fights. the character interactions should be just as important. the fans are fickle lol. they complain about too long fights. they complain about drama (pan's death. tell me that wasnt sad and dramatic and added to the story.) and long winded dialogue. they complain some more when they want the next fight to be announced. they complain that its all fights and no story. what the hell do you people want? thats what salagir must overcome. he seems like a storyteller as well as a fight writer. the specials shouldnt be about the fights imo. we know who wins. what im interested in is the characters and how everything came to be how it is in dbm.

in this vein, u16 offers something for those wanting more than just fights. humour. drama. character interaction. dbz style of course. also maybe an intense spar between vegetto and bra to satisfy fans like you.

what about minor guys like the villains in the jump special? aka or whatever?

i assumed trunks actually saying his presence causing reality to shift explained 19 and 16. if cell existed then why wasnt 19 finished and sent out before 17 and 18 like in the normal timeline?

isnt it narrow minded to think that u16 villains MUST show up in other universes? do we know they didnt? i just think vegetto had a butterfly effect a little bigger than buu/cell/frieza winning. it would be cool and interesting. theres no real way of knowing his presence doesnt spawn new enemies.

lol its dbz. for all we know the villain that shows up only wants to fight vegetto (so strong he bends reality maybe). and in u18 there is no vegetto so why why this guy come to earth? maybe zen buu fought this guy. maybe he showed up everywhere but u18 because something happened in u18 that prevents his existence. like salagir says. one big change. i dont know. just throwing that out there.

sorry if im being a stubborn asshole.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum