Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Dragonball Kai

4 posters

Go down

Dragonball Kai Empty Dragonball Kai

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Fri Jul 09, 2010 9:53 am

opinions on kai go here.

i like it. the lack of filler isnt that good as some of my fave filler is in buu saga (base vegetto vs buu, ssj2 goku vs buu), and the music and voice acting i found lacking. on the other hand, the HD looks amazing and the pace is really fast where it needs to be.

apparently daiz ex said cell arc will go up to episode 98. buu will follow.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Dragonball Kai Empty Re: Dragonball Kai

Post  Mrperson0 Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:07 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:(base vegetto vs buu, ssj2 goku vs buu), and the music and voice acting i found lacking. on the other hand, the HD looks amazing and the pace is really fast where it needs to be.

Nonetheless, neither of those battles aren't canon. Who knows if base Vegetto could have truly beaten Buu to a pulp. As for SSJ2 Goku vs. Buu...I don't recall that at all. Was that in Buu's mind or something? Because Goku would be wrecked in any case. And yeah, the show looks amazing imo as well. I don't like how Funi added the Z in it though...
Mrperson0
Mrperson0

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Fri Jul 09, 2010 11:53 am

goku and vegeta briefly used ssj2 against gohanbuu in the anime. but got their ass wooped badly.
next happening was inside buu's mind vs super buu. still they could barely touch him.
last happening was goku ssj2 vs kid buu. was pretty even until kid buu got bored and punched him so hard he crashed on the other side of the planet. then he whent ssj3 (in the manga he whent ssj3 right away)
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Fri Jul 09, 2010 10:28 pm

I think DB Kai is FAR better than Z. Z was good, but just had way too much nearly unbearable filler. Kai is a major improvement.
The only thing wrong with Kai is occasional colouring errors and the removal one of the only fillers I liked (the driving one).
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

http://quackbillion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sat Jul 10, 2010 6:49 am

kai also seems to be abit more censord.
i remember seeing screenshots of the radditz battle. with them being blasts through the stomach with the special beam cannon.

dbz screenshot - red blood
kai screenshot - barely noticesable and brown looking.

did this actualy happen in the actual episode? granted i've only watched 3 episodes of kai and that was of ssj goku vs freeza
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jul 11, 2010 8:56 am

Nonetheless, neither of those battles aren't canon.
that might be why ill miss them in kai? Rolling Eyes

kai also seems to be abit more censord.
vegeta died on namek from a bruise Razz . at the same time, we see krillin getting impaled by frieza in gory glory and same with gero's hand through yamcha. so its a bit weird.

but yes the streamlined pacing is good in some areas (frieza), bad in others (cut out the gohan character development, left in gohan returning to fight frieza and ginyu bulma filler, cut out some canon)
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Sun Jul 11, 2010 9:34 am

at least that horrible garlic jr saga got removed all together Very Happy
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content