Dragon Ball Forum
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

What is your favorite saga? And why?

5 posters

Go down

Your favorite saga:

What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_lcap20%What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]
What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_lcap60%What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_rcap 60% 
[ 3 ]
What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_lcap0%What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_rcap 0% 
[ 0 ]
What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_lcap20%What is your favorite saga? And why? Vote_rcap 20% 
[ 1 ]

Total Votes : 5

What is your favorite saga? And why? Empty What is your favorite saga? And why?

Post  VegetaSSJ3 Wed Jun 23, 2010 8:42 am

Mine is Namek. Because it was so cool ^^

And I don't like Buu Saga.
VegetaSSJ3
VegetaSSJ3
Admin

https://dragonball.forumotion.com

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite saga? And why? Empty Re: What is your favorite saga? And why?

Post  ZeusOnim Wed Jun 23, 2010 12:32 pm

Android Saga
It had the perfect, conclusive ending. Four SSJs dominated everyone, Goku was dead, Gohan surpassed his father and is the new protector, Vegeta vowed to never fight again, and Trunks went back to his timeline and saved it. Also, the other Z Fighters basically all settled down, and Cell.....was just epic. Very Happy
ZeusOnim
ZeusOnim

Back to top Go down

What is your favorite saga? And why? Empty Re: What is your favorite saga? And why?

Post  Docter KillJoy Wed Jun 23, 2010 1:08 pm

vegeta didn't decide to never fight again. he kept training.

My favorite is the namek - freeza saga.
Freeza was an epic villian. and everyone (even krillin) got there time to shine.

and it has the most epic vegeta moment (a close second was the final flash)

https://www.youtube.com/v/1FQEqqwBPVQ
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Thu Jun 24, 2010 1:58 am

hi everybody. just arrived from the dbm comment boards. you know me as the organiser of my little tournament, which is a bit of a fail right now, but should pick up soon if enough people vote.

my favourite saga, well i like them all. some more than others.
saiyan - quite exciting but the filler bogs it down alot. had a great start with raditz but i found the battle with nappa and vegeta more dull than the later fights.
namek - very exciting up until the frieza fight started. then it got so overloaded with filler that it put me to sleep. but the best "mini saga" of the three, was captain ginyu. several excellent fights, an unpredictable enemy, saw the fall of the most feared mercenary squad in the universe. i really dislike goku vs frieza however.
android/cell - started off with a huge twist in trunks and his effortless defeat of frieza. the arrival of the androids really scared me and thought they had one of the great villain introductions. then we see that there are more androids even stronger than the future ones? i really enjoyed everything up to the end of the imperfect cell saga. then it became slow and predictable. though perfect cell was a fantastic villain and his fight with goku was classic. i have no love for gohan so his fight with cell also was dull. if you read my comments, you would know i dont really like the overrated "main fights". it picked up again with one of my favourite episodes, free the future. trunks was a badass once again, for the first time since his arrival. THIS IS FOR GOHAN!
i enjoyed buu saga the most. many dont like it. and some aspects i dont like but i digress. take a look at classic duels, like goten vs trunks, vegeta vs pui pui, vegeta vs majin buu, goku vs majin buu (the epic appearance of ssj3). not to mention highly underrated filler fights like buuhan vs goku and vegeta and ssj2 goku vs kid buu. as for the story, some might say it was jumpy and random. but thats the nature of plot twists. OMG gokus coming back. OMG goten and trunks are super saiyans. OMG supreme kai. OMG new monster that even the gods are afraid of. OMG evil vegeta is back. OMG buu is revived. OMG gohan and vegeta are dead. OMG ssj3! see my point? further down the line we have characters like mystic gohan and gotenks. certainly a return to the badass powerup to save the day. but wait! they dont work? ssj3? no. fusion? no. mystic? no! its the united team effort that wins the day! energy from all of earth, namek and otherworld plus the z fighters and recharged goku. some might complain about goku saving the day again. but has he ever killed a villain? no. yakkon is debatable. even kid buu is debatable as he came back as one of my favourite characters, uub. and dont forget, the best goku had by himself wasnt enough. he came back to save his son but really had no hope of defeating super buu without vegeta. that i think was one of the series' grimmest moments. in fact buu saga had plenty of those. some might complain about buu's childishness, or gotenks' arrogance. well buu initially was an interesting character. playful, loves candy and yet has a sadistic pure evil side hidden deep within him. he was like a bullied child who didnt know better. of course the evil side wins and we get that evil side brought to the forefront, and eventually embodied in his pure original form. some might complain that gohan was a nerd. well he never liked fighting or training and therefore wasnt suited to the role goku forced upon him. it was logical that he would choose to raise his brother and study like his mother wanted, rather than putting his body through tortorous training to deal with threats that might not ever come. finally, the end. my favourite fight, goku vs uub. introduction of a cute new character in pan. seeing how everyone dealt with growing up/getting old. finally closing off a great series and leading into the underrated gt. sorry for the long winded post lol Very Happy
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Sun Jul 04, 2010 10:20 pm

someone post here Evil or Very Mad
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:02 am

are you realy that desperate to raise your post count? no need to double post
people will post when they feel like it. no need to spam
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:38 am

are you really that desperate to criticize absolutely everything i say? what makes you think i care about post count?
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  LunchPolice Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:40 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:someone post here Evil or Very Mad

^^^^^This post. ^^^^^
LunchPolice
LunchPolice

http://quackbillion.webs.com

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jul 05, 2010 3:54 am

i didnt even notice. and i just wanted a new discussion, one that hadnt been talked about much. jesus.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 05, 2010 5:21 am

Ussj Future Trunks wrote:are you really that desperate to criticize absolutely everything i say? what makes you think i care about post count?

seeing as you spam, yeah that counts to trying to raise your postcount like mad.
and believe me i've dealt with that many times in the past. i've been moderator or admin on plenty of forums (and some of those where huge with at least 100 + active posters)

Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Mon Jul 05, 2010 6:44 am

yeah well this time your wrong. i wasnt aware it was spam and i dont care about post count.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Docter KillJoy Mon Jul 05, 2010 12:41 pm

you are not aware that double posting is spam? are you new to the internet lol!

anyway lets stop this discusion in this thread, if you want to argue about it, pm me
Docter KillJoy
Docter KillJoy

Back to top Go down

Post  Ussj Future Trunks Tue Jul 06, 2010 6:36 am

Crying or Very sad anyway. back to the topic at hand. ive said my thoughts.
Ussj Future Trunks
Ussj Future Trunks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down